Learn about the Latest Developments in HBase with Splice Machine at HBaseCon East 2016
Join Splice Machine at the HBaseCon East 2016 Meetup on Monday September 26, 2016 from 12:00 pm until 6:00 pm as we prep for Strata + Hadoop World NYC along with the rest of the Big Data community. Google and Bloomberg are co-hosting this meetup for the Apache HBase™ community to meet and discuss the latest HBase developments.
We are also excited to have John Leach, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer of Splice Machine, and Daniel Gomez Ferro, Software Architect at Splice Machine, presenting “Architecture of an Open Source RDBMS powered by HBase and Spark” at the conference. Their presentation will take a look under the hood of the Splice Machine database to show how it leverages HBase to provide a distributed, scale out platform for any application developer or database architect looking for the combination of ANSI-SQL, ACID compliance, affordable scale-out and open source in a database.
HBaseCon East will also feature speakers and topics at the forefront of the HBase community:
- Mikhail Antonov of Facebook: Stalled is worse than dead – combating stability issues caused by stalling region servers
- Jean-Marc Spaggiari of Cloudera: Spark on HBase, state of the art
- Esther Kundin of Bloomberg: HBase Coprocessor – Uses, Abuses, Solutions
- Danil Zburivsky and Christos Soulios of Pythian: Time series collection and processing in the cloud: integrating OpenTSDB with Google Cloud Bigtable
- Dima Spivak of Cloudera: HBase on Docker with clusterdock
- Clay Baenziger of Bloomberg: HBase Multi-Tenancy at Bloomberg
- Daniel Vimont of CommonVox: Old Whine in New Bottles: Can insights gained in dealing with gripes about older NoSQL DBMSes uncork improvements for the current-generation?
- Josh Elser of Hortonworks: Practical Kerberos with Apache HBase