Version 2.0 – The first in-memory RDBMS powered by Hadoop and Spark
We are proud to announce the version 2.0 of the Splice Machine RDBMS, the first hybrid in-memory RDBMS powered by Hadoop and Spark.
Splice Machine Version 2.0 delivers a database solution that incorporates the proven scalability of Hadoop, ANSI SQL, ACID transactions, and the in-memory performance of Spark. Our new, flexible hybrid database enables businesses to perform simultaneous OLAP and OLTP workloads and increase performance over traditional RDBMS, such as Oracle® & MySQL™, by 10-20X, at one-fourth the cost.
Splice Machine 2.0 integrates Apache Spark, a fast, open source engine for large-scale data processing, into its existing Hadoop-based architecture, providing benefits such as:
- Transactional SQL – Supports existing OLTP applications without rewrites of existing SQL or retraining of developers
- Scale-Out Architecture – Cost-effectively scales out on commodity hardware with proven technology from Hadoop and Spark
- In-Memory Technology – Achieves outstanding performance for OLAP queries with in-memory technology from Spark
The addition of Spark and more advanced resource management ensures high-performance for simultaneous OLTP and OLAP queries. Version 2.0 is ideal for a variety of use cases, including:
- Digital marketing
- ETL acceleration
- Operational data lakes
- Data warehouse offloads
- Internet-of-Things applications
- Web, mobile, and social applications, and operational applications.
We are now accepting applications to test the public beta of version 2.0. Visit us at https://www.splicemachine.com/product/beta-program/ to learn more!